Patient-Centered Medical Home
First Choice Health Centers is proud to be your Patient-Centered Medical Home where we provide a team approach to total health care.
What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
“Patient-Centered” is a way of saying that YOU are the focus of your health care! “Medical Home” means we are your “home base” or where you go first for all your health care needs.
Your Medical Home Care Team Will:
• Help you manage your health care
• Listen to your questions and concerns
• Coordinate your care through additional services
• Help you manage medications and refills
• Arrange visits to specialists
What To Expect:
As an active member of your own Care Team, you will work with healthcare providers and have the chance to explain the things that are really important to you. Together you and your team will:
• Help you better understand your health care needs.
• Work to determine the best way to deal with your health concerns.
• Help you personalize a health care plan that is just for you.
• Connect you with the health care resources you need.
What Can You Do To Help?
1. Be an active team player
• Ask questions. Your team is here for YOU!
• Share your past health care successes and challenges.
• Tell your team about other health care professionals that manage your care.
2. Take care of your health
• Make sure you understand the plan and set reachable goals.
• Use My Appointment Checklist.
• Follow the health care plan you and your team agreed on.
• Once you see results, you and your Care Team can discuss adding new goals.
3. Talk openly with your team
• Speak up if your care plan is not working and work with your Care Team to adjust your goals.
• Advise your Care Team of any barriers to reaching your goals.
4. Stay informed
• Register for and use your Patient Portal to follow your progress