Chiropractic Health Services
What is Chiropractic
Chiropractic treatment is a safe drug-free alternative form of medicine that deals with the pain coming from muscles, joints and bones.
Doctors of Chiropractic often treat individuals with musculoskeletal complaints such as:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Pain in the joints, arms or legs
- Muscle strains / Joint sprains
Why Choose Chiropractic?
Studies have shown that Chiropractic treatment is both safe and effective. The majority of acute and chronic Chiropractic patients experience better outcomes in pain, functional disability, and patient satisfaction following the treatment.
Chiropractic Treatment Technique
The most widely used treatment performed by Chiropractors is called “Chiropractic manipulation/adjustment.” The purpose of manipulation is to treat joint dysfunction, increase ranges of motion, decrease pain and restore normal joint motion and function.
Other treatment techniques include:
• Flexion distraction therapy: Distracts and flexes the spine in a gentle rhythmic motion.
• Trigger point therapy: Pressure against certain tender points to release trigger points.
• Percurssion therapy: Vibration on the muscle to decrease spasm and tightness.
• Soft tissue mobilization aka Graston technique: Instrument designed to work on soft tissues (e.g., scar tissue, myofascial adhesion.)
• Physiotherapy modalities such as electrical muscle stimulation, therapeutic ultrasound, etc.
• Therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles.
Chiropractors also educate patients on general health matters such as ergonomics, postures and sleeping habits.