First Choice Health Centers is proud to operate School Based Health Centers at:
- Rockville High School, Vernon
- Maple Street School, Vernon
- Cheney Technical High School, Manchester
- Illing Middle School, Manchester
- Mobile Dental Office (serving 60+ schools)
School-based health centers (SBHCs) deliver quality, affordable, cost-effective health care to young people as a doctor’s office located on school grounds. We offer a range of medical, dental and behavioral health services, which keep kids healthier, in school, and ready to learn. Download our Enrollment Form
Our SBHC staff share a developmental approach to pediatric and adolescent health, respecting the age, cultural values and family life of every student.
Why School Based Health Centers:
• Provide quality, comprehensive health care services that help students succeed in school and in life
• Located in or near a school facility and open during school hours
• Organized through school, community, and health provider relationships
• Staffed by qualified health care professionals
• Focused on prevention, early identification, and treatment of medical, dental and behavioral concerns that can interfere with a student’s learning
• Support academic success – minimal missed classes
• Convenient for parents (no need to take time off from work)
Enrolled students may schedule appointments by coming into the SBHC during school hours, or parents may call us directly. Parents and guardians are not required to be present for appointments but they are welcome to come with their child and are invited to be present during their child’s annual routine exam.
Students, Faculty and Family of Students and Faculty are eligible to receive services at Rockville High School and Maple Street School.
Only students may receive services at Cheney Technical High School.
As a Federally Qualified Health Center we are proud to provide our extensive services regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. We accept Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances, as well as offer a sliding-fee scale for income eligible and uninsured patients.
For more information contact Yaisa Diaz, School Based Health Center Coordinator at 860-610-6183